LCM ARTIST OF THE WEEK
- Genre: Indie-Folk, Americana, Country
- Band: Zoe Nicol (Vocals, banjo, ukulele, guitar) and Rosie Jones (Vocals, guitar, mandolin, banjulele, stomp)
- Location: London, England
- Discography: Worry Dolls EP (2013) Buden EP (2015) Go Get Gone (2017)
- Record Label: Bread & Butter Music (Independent)
- Website: http://www.worrydollsmusic.com/
Zoe and Rosie better know as the 'Worry Dolls' studied music together at LIPA at a time when there was a really exciting folk scene happening in Liverpool (The Staves, Mikhael Paskalev, Dan Croll, Thomas J Speight, to name a few…) They met as solo artists, but by the time they had left Liverpool they had formed an alliance, and that was 'Worry Dolls'. They spent a year travelling back and forth and writing in different places, but finally took the plunge and moved to London in 2012 where they have been tirelessly gigging ever since.
Their music is characterised by sublime harmonies and tongue-in-cheek, honest lyrics and they have received praise from Paul McCartney to Joan Armatrading. In the last 3 years, they have forged something substantially stronger than a hair colour match - a beautiful and captivating result. In January 2017 Zoe and Rosie launched their highly anticipated debut album ' Go Get Gone' at St. Pancras Old Church, London followed by a UK tour. With new music promised later in the year, the future is looking very bright for this very talented duo.